Foil Transfers will work best with a solid base color with very little fine detail. In order to make the best of your foil transfer, it is highly recommended that the garment is washed inside-out using cold water and hang to dry.
1. Make sure to print your design with standard plastisol Ink. A thicker deposit of Ink is recommended as your foil will adhere better to a thicker design.
2. The recommended curing temperature for your plastisol is 325 degrees.
3. Once garment is placed on the heart press, apply your piece of foil over the garment color side up.
4. Using heavy pressure, apply heat for about 10-15 seconds.
5. Raise the press slowly, and use a cloth to reduce heat and wrinkles. Allow the foil to cool completely.
6. Slowly peel the foil from the garment. Be sure to cold peel the foil as “hot peeling” will cause the image to be spotty.
How to wash and care for your garment:
In order to make the best of your foil transfer, it is highly recommended that the garment is washed inside-out using cold water and hang to dry. Be sure not to bleach the garment, or iron on the printed area. Heat transfer foil is a very eye catching product; however, its durability is not guaranteed to outlast the garment.